While topical beauty products such as conditioners and serums treat your hair's appearance on the outside and can assist your growth through scalp applications that cleanse the scalp, block DHT hair thinners and stimulate the scalp, what you eat can treat your locks from the inside. The very best hair treatment conditioner I’ve found is LaMagie’s Hair Serum.
Yes, it's true. If you want long healthy hair, you should probably consider adding these ten superfoods to your diet right away! If you do, you'll eventually notice that your hair is longer, fuller, shinier and healthier than ever before.
1. Salmon – Cold-water fish that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon or mackerel, are great items to add to your diet. This is because omega-3 fatty acids keep your hair shiny and promote growth.
2. Spinach – Most leafy green vegetables like spinach are packed full of essential hair fortifying vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin C, iron and folate.
3. Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes contain a generous amount of beta carotene, which is responsible for infusing dry dull strands with shine. This is because beta carotene encourages the glands of your scalp to produce a hydrating oil named sebum.
4. Eggs – Eggs are loaded with protein, iron and other vitamins that are essential for healthy hair. They're especially rich in biotin, which is a B vitamin that strengthens your hair follicles to promote healthy growth.
5. Blueberries – Blueberries may be tiny, but they pack a powerful punch! They actually contain a high content level of antioxidants when compared to other fruits and veggies.
6. Oysters – Oysters are a good source of zinc, which is a mineral known to aid in cell renewal and repair. This is of course essential for long healthy hair as zinc works to improve the cell turnover along your scalp and inside of your hair follicles as well.
7. Walnuts – Walnuts are a vegetarian-friendly source of omega-3 fatty acids and they also contain a healthy dose of vitamin E.
8. Greek Yogurt – If you're hair grows slowly, try eating some yogurt every morning. You might soon notice your hair growing a whole lot faster thanks to the protein, zinc and lactic acid in the yogurt.
9. Whole Grains – If you desire thicker hair, you may want to up your intake of whole grains such as wheat, barley, quinoa and oats. This is because most whole grains contain plenty of fiber and zinc along with a key component called silica. This nutrient is known to improve the elasticity of hair in order to make it appear and feel fuller.
10. Guava – Vitamin C naturally strengthens your hair and protects it from breakage and this tasty fruit is boasting with almost 400 milligrams of it. That's nearly four times the recommended daily minimum amount of vitamin C!
If you're having a tough time including all of these superfoods in your diet due to your particular taste preferences, you may want to get your vitamins by taking a supplement. There are all kinds of supplements which have been formulated with all of the best ingredients that are proven to provide you with healthy and shiny hair.